Dr Chunendra K. Sahu
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Full CV can be found here.
Affiliations at Cambridge
- Trinity College (Trinity Postdoctoral Society)
- BP Institute for Multiphase Flow (Dept. of Earth Sciences)
- Inst. of Theoretical Geophysics (Dept. of Applied Maths and Theoretical Physics)
- 2017-2020: Postdoctoral Research Associate - University of Cambridge.
- 2016-2017: Industrial Postdoc - U. Alberta + SoilVision Systems Ltd., Canada.
- 2012-2016: PhD (Mech. Engg.) - University of Alberta, Canada.
- 2011-2012: Edison Engineer - General Electric (GE), JFWTC Bangalore.
- 2009-2011: ME (Mech. Engg.) - Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- 2005-2009: BE (Mech. Engg.) - Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg, CG.
- 1998-2005: Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Mana Camp, Raipur, CG.
- Natural Science Mathematics (DAMTP, Cambridge)
- Fluid Mechanics (Mech. Engg., Alberta)
- Numerical Methods (Mech. Engg., Alberta)
- Introduction to Thermo-Fluids (Mech. Engg., Alberta)
- Engineering Physics (Physics, Alberta)
My current research involves theoretical and experimental investigation of dispersion in density-driven flows in heterogeneous porous media, particularly in gravity currents. The aim is to quantify associated effects of heterogeneity on flow behaviour and on mixing of the injected fluid with the ambient. Primary application of this work is on carbon sequestration.
- C.K. Sahu & M.R. Flynn, Filling box flows in porous media. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS, 2015.
- C.K. Sahu & M.R. Flynn, Filling box flows in an axisymmetric porous medium. TRANSPORT IN POROUS MEDIA, 2016.
- C.K. Sahu & M.R. Flynn, The effect of sudden permeability changes in porous media filling box flows. TRANSPORT IN POROUS MEDIA, 2017.
- C. K. Sahu & J. A. Neufeld, Dispersive entrainment into gravity currents in porous media. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS, 2019.
- K. S. Bharath, C.K. Sahu & M.R. Flynn, Isolated buoyant convection in a two-layered porous medium with an inclined permeability jump. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS, 2020.
- C. K. Sahu & J. A. Neufeld, Experimental insights into the gravity-driven flows and mixing in layered porous media. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS, 2020 (Forthcoming).
- C. K. Sahu , A. J. Butler, M. J. Bickle & J. A. Neufeld, The effects of heterogeneity on solute transport in porous media: Anomalous dispersion. WATER RESOURCES RESEARCH, 2020 (Forthcoming).