Dr Tom McCoy
PhD in physical chemistry from Monash University, Australia.
Now undergoing post-doctoral research at the BP Institute exploring friction modification in engine oil additives and thin film drying.
1. Thomas M. McCoy, Matthew J. Pottage and Rico F. Tabor, Graphene Oxide-Stabilized Oil-in-Water Emulsions: pH-Controlled Dispersion and Flocculation. J. Phys. Chem. C, 2014, 118, 4529-4535.
2. Thomas M. McCoy, Paul Brown, Julian Eastoe and Rico F. Tabor, Noncovalent Magnetic Control and Reversible Recovery of Graphene Oxide using Iron oxide and Magnetic Surfactants. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2015, 7, 2124-2133.
3. Thomas M. McCoy, Amelia C. Y. Liu and Rico F. Tabor, Light-controllable dispersion and recovery of graphenes and carbon nanotubes using a photo-switchable surfactant. Nanoscale, 2016, 8, 6969-6974.
4. Thomas M. McCoy, Alsu Valiakhmetova, Matthew J. Pottage, Christopher J. Garvey, Liliana de Campo, Christine Rehm, Dmitry A. Kuryashov and Rico F. Tabor, Structural Evolution of Wormlike Micellar Fluids Formed by Erucyl Amidopropyl Betaine with Oil, Salts, and Surfactants. Langmuir, 2016, 32, 12423-12433.
5. Thomas M. McCoy, Stephen A. Holt, Ashley M. Rozario, Toby D. M. Bell and Rico F. Tabor, Surfactant-Enhanced Adsorption of Graphene Oxide for Improved Emulsification of Oil in Water. Adv. Mater. Interfaces, 2017, 4, 1700803.
6. Thomas M. McCoy, Huw C. W. Parks and Rico F. Tabor, Highly efficient recovery of graphene oxide by froth flotation using a common surfactant. Carbon, 2018, 135, 164-170.
7. Thomas M. McCoy, Liliana de Campo, Anna V. Sokolova, Isabelle Grillo, Ekaterina I. Izgorodina and Rico F. Tabor, Bulk properties of aqueous graphene oxide and reduced graphene oxide with surfactants and polymers: adsorption and stability. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2018, 20, 16801-16816.
8. Thomas M. McCoy, Joshua P. King, Jackson E. Moore, Veena T. Kelleppan, Anna V. Sokolova, Liliana de Campo, Madhura Manohar, Tamim A. Darwish and Rico F. Tabor, The effects of small molecule organic additives on the self-assembly and rheology of betaine wormlike micellar fluids. J. Colloid Interface Sci., 2019, 534, 518-532.
9. Thomas M. McCoy, Geosmin Turpin, Boon Mian Teo and Rico F. Tabor, Graphene oxide: a surfactant or particle? Curr. Opin. Colloid Interface Sci., 2019, 39, 98-109.