Dr. J. Li
Lecturer, BP Institute and Engineering
Dr. Li works on a variety of problems in computational fluid dynamics, mostly dealing with interfaces at low Reynolds number.
- 2000 Lecturer, BP Institute
- 1997 Postdoctoral research, Virginia Tech., USA
- 1996 Ph.D. Fluid Mechanics, Université de Paris VI, France.
- 1993 M.Sci. Theoretical Mechanics, Université de Paris VI, France.
- 1992 M.Sci. Numerical Analysis, Université de Paris VI, France.
- 1988 B.Sci. Mathematics, Wuhan University, China.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Non-Newtonian Flow
- Two Phase Flow
- Vella, D and Li, JE (2010) The impulsive motion of a small cylinder at an interface. PHYS FLUIDS 22 (5): - MAY 2010 052104
- Young, YN, Booty, MR, Siegel, M and Li, J (2009) Influence of surfactant solubility on the deformation and breakup of a bubble or capillary jet in a viscous fluid. PHYS FLUIDS 21 (7): - JUL 2009 072105
- Hameed, M, Siegel, M, Young, YN, Li, J, Booty, MR and Papageorgiou, DT (2008) Influence of insoluble surfactant on the deformation and breakup of a bubble or thread in a viscous fluid. J FLUID MECH 594: 307-340 JAN 10 2008
- Boeck, T, Li, J, Lopez-Pages, E, Yecko, P and Zaleski, S (2007) Ligament formation in sheared liquid-gas layers. THEOR COMP FLUID DYN 21 (1): 59-76 JAN 2007
- Zheng, MZ, Li, J, Mackley, MR and Tao, JJ (2007) The development of asymmetry for oscillatory flow within a tube containing sharp edge periodic baffles. PHYS FLUIDS 19 (11): - NOV 2007 114101
- Etienne, J, Hinch, EJ and Li, J (2006) A Lagrangian-Eulerian approach for the numerical simulation of free-surface flow of a viscoelastic material. J NON-NEWTON FLUID 136 (2-3): 157-166 JUL 15 2006
- Clasen, C, Eggers, J, Fontelos, MA, Li, J and McKinley, GH (2006) The beads-on-string structure of viscoelastic threads. J FLUID MECH 556: 283-308 JUN 10 2006
- Li, J (2006) The effect of an insoluble surfactant on the skin friction of a bubble. EUR J MECH B-FLUID 25 (1): 59-73 JAN-FEB 2006
- Fontelos, MA and Li, J (2004) On the evolution and rupture of filaments in Giesekus and FENE models. J NON-NEWTON FLUID 118 (1): 1-16 MAR 20 2004
- Li, J and Fontelos, MA (2003) Drop dynamics on the beads-on-string structure for viscoelastic jets: A numerical study. PHYS FLUIDS 15 (4): 922-937 APR 2003
- Renardy, Y, Cristini, V and Li, J (2002) Drop fragment distributions under shear with inertia. INT J MULTIPHAS FLOW 28 (7): 1125-1147 JUL 2002
- Renardy, M, Renardy, Y and Li, J (2001) Numerical simulation of moving contact line problems using a volume-of-fluid method. J COMPUT PHYS 171 (1): 243-263 JUL 20 2001
- Renardy, YY and Li, J (2001) Merging of drops to form bamboo waves. INT J MULTIPHAS FLOW 27 (5): 753-763 MAY 2001
- Renardy, YY and Li, J (2000) Numerical simulation of two-fluid flows of viscous immiscible liquids. FLUID MEC A 57: 117-126 2000
- Li, J and Renardy, YY (2000) Shear-induced rupturing of a viscous drop in a Bingham liquid. J NON-NEWTON FLUID 95 (2-3): 235-251 DEC 25 2000
- Li, J, Renardy, YY and Renardy, M (2000) Numerical simulation of breakup of a viscous drop in simple shear flow through a volume-of-fluid method. PHYS FLUIDS 12 (2): 269-282 FEB 2000
- Li, J (2000) Numerical study of flows of two immiscible liquids at low Reynolds number. SIAM REV 42 (3): 417-439 SEP 2000
- Gueyffier, D, Li, J, Nadim, A, Scardovelli, R and Zaleski, S (1999) Volume-of-fluid interface tracking with smoothed surface stress methods for three-dimensional flows. J COMPUT PHYS 152 (2): 423-456 JUL 1 1999
- Chen, G, Kharif, C, Zaleski, S and Li, J (1999) Two-dimensional Navier-Stokes simulation of breaking waves. PHYS FLUIDS 11 (1): 121-133 JAN 1999
- Renardy, YY and Li, J (1999) Comment on "A numerical study of periodic disturbances on two-layer Couette flow" [Phys. Fluids 10, 3056 (1998)]. PHYS FLUIDS 11 (10): 3189-3190 OCT 1999
- Li, J and Renardy, Y (1999) Direct simulation of unsteady axisymmetric core-annular flow with high viscosity ratio. J FLUID MECH 391: 123-149 JUL 25 1999
- Li, J, Renardy, YY and Renardy, M (1998) A numerical study of periodic disturbances on two-layer Couette flow. PHYS FLUIDS 10 (12): 3056-3071 DEC 1998
- Zaleski, S, Li, J, Scardovelli, R and Zanetti, G (1997) Direct simulation of multiphase flows with density variations. FLUID MEC A 41: 51-58 1997
- LI, J (1995) PIECEWISE-LINEAR INTERFACE CALCULATION. CR ACAD SCI II 320 (8): 391-396 Part 1 APR 20
- ZALESKI, S, LI, J and SUCCI, S (1995) Two-Dimensional Navier-Stokes Simulation of Deformation and Breakup of Liquid Patches. PHYS REV LETT 75 (2): 244-247 JUL 10 1995