Dr. J. Li
Lecturer, BPI and Engineering
Dr. Li works on a variety of problems in computational fluid dynamics, mostly dealing with interfaces at low Reynolds number.
- 2000 Lecturer, BP Institute
- 1997 Postdoctoral research, Virginia Tech., USA
- 1996 Ph.D. Fluid Mechanics, Université de Paris VI, France.
- 1993 M.Sci. Theoretical Mechanics, Université de Paris VI, France.
- 1992 M.Sci. Numerical Analysis, Université de Paris VI, France.
- 1988 B.Sci. Mathematics, Wuhan University, China.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Non-Newtonian Flow
- Two Phase Flow
- Cheng, Zekang, Li, Jie, Loh, Ching Y. and Luo, Li-Shi (2020) An exactly force-balanced boundary-conforming arbitrary-Lagrangian-Eulerian method for interfacial dynamics. JOURNAL OF COMPUTATIONAL PHYSICS 408: MAY 1 2020
- Zhang, Changjuan, Fakharic, Abbas, Li, Jie, Luo, Li-Shi and Qian, Tiezheng (2019) A comparative study of interface-conforming ALE-FE scheme and diffuse interface AMR-LB scheme for interfacial dynamics. JOURNAL OF COMPUTATIONAL PHYSICS 395: 602-619 OCT 15 2019
- Zhang, Changjuan, Li, Jie, Luo, Li-Shi and Qian, Tiezheng (2018) Numerical simulation for a rising bubble interacting with a solid wall: Impact, bounce, and thin film dynamics. PHYSICS OF FLUIDS 30: NOV 2018
- Vella, Dominic and Li, Jie (2010) The impulsive motion of a small cylinder at an interface. PHYSICS OF FLUIDS 22: MAY 2010
- Zheng, Mingzhi, Li, Jie, Mackley, M. R. and Tao, Jianjun (2007) The development of asymmetry for oscillatory flow within a tube containing sharp edge periodic baffles. PHYSICS OF FLUIDS 19: NOV 2007
- Etienne, Jocelyn, Hinch, E. J. and Li, Jie (2006) A Lagrangian-Eulerian approach for the numerical simulation of free-surface flow of a viscoelastic material. JOURNAL OF NON-NEWTONIAN FLUID MECHANICS 136: 157-166 JUL 15 2006
- Clasen, C, Eggers, J, Fontelos, MA, Li, J and McKinley, GH (2006) The beads-on-string structure of viscoelastic threads. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS 556: 283-308 JUN 10 2006
- Li, J, Hesse, M, Ziegler, J and Woods, AW (2005) An arbitrary Lagrangian Eulerian method for moving-boundary problems and its application to jumping over water. JOURNAL OF COMPUTATIONAL PHYSICS 208: 289-314 SEP 1 2005
- Fontelos, MA and Li, J (2004) On the evolution and rupture of filaments in Giesekus and FENE models. JOURNAL OF NON-NEWTONIAN FLUID MECHANICS 118: 1-16 MAR 20 2004
- Li, J and Fontelos, MA (2003) Drop dynamics on the beads-on-string structure for viscoelastic jets: A numerical study. PHYSICS OF FLUIDS 15: 922-937 APR 2003
- Renardy, Y, Cristini, V and Li, J (2002) Drop fragment distributions under shear with inertia. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MULTIPHASE FLOW 28: 1125-1147 JUL 2002
- Renardy, M, Renardy, Y and Li, J (2001) Numerical simulation of moving contact line problems using a volume-of-fluid method. JOURNAL OF COMPUTATIONAL PHYSICS 171: 243-263 JUL 20 2001